Program Team Leader (Two Openings - One Male - One Female)
$4,025 - $4,600 - DOE @ 11.5 weeks
May 31st - August 14th, 2022
*Salaries may be pro-rated by the week for a shorter season.
Interested in the position? Start by making a connection with our main office.
About the Position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning & Preparation: During Staff Training you will learn:
1) Goals and objectives of Camp Marshall, the Camp Commission and program design.
2) Learn American Camp Association (ACA) standards that relate to work at camp.
3) Summer program weeks and program design.
4) Begin developing a vision for the delivery of a program that is age appropriate and allows for
participation at different skill levels. *Over the course of the summer we will be working with children
and families. Class sizes may range from 12 – 20 people. (staff will be working with you)
5) Become familiar with Camp Marshall’s web platform. The ability to create content, write blogs, post
social posts to share the camps story is essential.
6) Inventory: Become familiar with inventory in different program areas of camp. Assist Program
Specialists develop a list and items needed.
Staff Training: Specific training goals:
1) Successful completion of staff training: This includes being certified in First Aid/CPR, AED card. (This
can be obtained during staff training), and Safe Church Training.
2) Program Skills Training: Areas include, but are not limited to waterfront, Archery, Challenge Course,
Arts and Crafts, Media
3) Inventory skills of other staff: Spend time with all the staff and learn what skills they have. It is quite
possible there will be others on staff who have the skills to lead an activity. *This work may greatly
influence goal setting.
4) Participate in Goal Setting for the summer: Working with Directors, Program Specialists, and
Counselors to help set the tone for the summer.
5) Learn the characteristics of different age groups.
6) Learn the Discipline model for camp.
7) Learn how to evaluate counseling staff.
8) Learn how to lead campfire on assigned nights.
9) Willingness to fill in for same-gender counselors on their day off.
10) Work with a small group of counseling staff whose purpose will be to help design program weeks, in
partnership with resource staff on the camp.
Specific Responsibilities during program weeks:
1. Work with the Summer Program Director to communicate daily schedule to counselors and
2. Take an active role in leading campers in activities and exercise visible leadership to model for
3. Support counseling staff and Volunteers as they engage in leading activities at camp.
4. Offer daily check-in opportunities for counselors and Volunteers.
5. Lead campfire on assigned nights.
6. Evaluate counseling staff assigned to you.
7. Model for and support counselors as they facilitate a nightly check-in and devotion time with their
General Summer Program:
1. Team Leaders work with one half of the counseling staff who will be supervising up to 25 students
(when youth camps) or up to half of the programming for family camps.
2. Camp Marshall’s Program Team Leader position involves a variety of leadership roles. The Program
Team Leader will serve as a daily support for and mentor to Camp Marshall’s counseling staff and will
coordinate the schedule, week to week, with the Summer Program Director.
3. Team Leaders support counselors by; helping build weekly schedules, running program areas,
assisting counselors working with campers through discipline issues and overall supervision of
campers. If needed, Team Leaders will jump into a cabin to cover for a counselor who is sick or unable
to perform their duties.
4. Identify and help resolve conflicts as they arise within the counseling staff.
5. Float to engage with discipline issues, illness, or injury as necessary.
Your Staff Person
To be announced
When the position fills we will add their picture with a short bio