About the Position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Keep all work areas and dining room areas clean and sanitized.
2. Prep food for cooking.
3. Prepare food in accordance with designed menu to be ready to serve at designated mealtimes.
4. Observe all food safety requirements as outlined by camp policies and the Lake County Health
5. Serve Camp Marshall guests and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Review with the Dining Hall Services Director:
a. Become familiar with inventory what is in the freezers, pantry, and cooking supplies.
b. Become familiar with the menu for staff training and participate in designing the summer menu.
c. Become familiar with sanitation, dishwasher, location of kitchen utensils and storage.
d. Become familiar with your schedule and what your assigned duties will be from day to day.
2. Successful completion of staff training: This includes being certified in First Aid/CPR, AED card. (this
can be obtained during staff training)
3. Sharing your skill level: Get to know the other staff in the kitchen and share what your cooking skills
4. Training Volunteers: Train volunteers on how they can help with the dining hall. Setting and clearing
tables, dishes, composing, recycling and generally how to help during the day.
Specific Responsibilities during program weeks:
1. Know your assigned shifts and responsibilities each day.
2. Arrive to your shift early, to allow time to review possible menu changes, inventory needs and assess
the condition of the dining hall.
3. Look for and help volunteers who may be new to the kitchen and help them be successful.
4. Assist in keeping records of food / dishwasher temperatures.
5. Prepare, serve, and help clean up from all assigned meals except during time off. Leave the kitchen
only when dismissed.
6. Keep walk-in cooler clean and organized; keep milk dispenser filled.
7. Train and supervise campers as they clean the lodge and keep garbage and compost bins neat.
8. Remember to thank any volunteer who has helped with a meal and be sure they always feel welcome.
9. Keep lodge windows clean.
10. Set up lodge for parties, skit night, and indoor chapel services.
11. Clean fireplace as needed; be sure split wood, kindling, and paper are always available start fires on
cold, rainy mornings.
12. Participate in all staff meetings, and perform duties as requested by the Camp Director or her
1. Is willing to fully participate in camp community life and worship. to support the mission and ministry
of Camp Marshall.
2. Possesses good character, maturity, adaptability, and is teamwork oriented.
3. Possesses enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
4. Willingness and ability to work six days a week.
1. Is familiar or willing to become familiar with sanitation standards for food handling.
2. Ability to perform physical labor that involves lifting and carrying twenty or more pounds.
3. Is familiar or willing to learn proper, chopping, slicing, knife skills when handling food.
4. Is familiar or willing to learn how to bake: bread / rolls, buns, and cakes.
1. Assist with leading volunteers/campers in cleaning up from assigned meals.
2. Insure that; front, side porch and stairwell are swept or blown off daily.
3. Assist with setting up and taking down chairs / tables for assigned meals and program events.
4. Sweep under tables and all facility set up. (Salad bar, cereal bar, bathrooms, serving line).
5. To spot mop around tables, salad and beverage bar, return line for dishes and where needed.
6. To sweep and mop out every night, kitchen, and dry goods area.
7. To keep dining hall and surrounding porch neat, clean and in orderly condition.
8. Report maintenance issues to the Dining Hall Services Director or his/her designee.
1. To support the summer program as able.
2. Other duties as assigned.
Your Staff Person
To be announced
When the position fills we will add their picture with a short bio