Goals for Campers
Our summer camp exists to invite youth and their families into a community committed to sharing daily life in the way of Jesus. We work hard to make Camp Marshall available to children who wouldn’t otherwise attend camp through our connections with social service organizations and school counselors, and through our scholarship program.
At Camp Marshall, we invite campers into a safe and encouraging community, and provide opportunities for them to explore what it means to know and love God and God’s creation.
During each of our camp sessions, campers and staff receive space to experience and reflect on:
• their own gifts, the gifts of those around them, and the gifts present in creation.
• curiosity and wonder and attention to the natural world, as we practice caring well for it.
• individual growth and challenge in a chosen activity area.
• their creative and expressive capacities (both individually and as part of a group).
• experiences of adventure and play.
• practices of hospitality, sacramental worship, service, prayer, and reconciliation.
• a sense of responsibility for their own experience.